Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Moments I’ll Never Forget


I was 21 when I had my first baby and I thank God for that blessing! Way back five years ago, I was pregnant and I had my constant check up monthly to weekly. I’ve got a lot of speculations when my baby will arrive. I wasn’t feeling any pain yet when I had my last Dr.’s appointment; but she had me admitted because I was 3cm dilated. She advised me to walk around the hospital and inform her when I’m feeling mild labor contractions already. I followed her advice; I walked around the hospital for I think about 5hours. I’m getting frustrated na; I feel so tired and I also want to go home and rest. My Mom called my OB and said we’ll come back na lang when the pain is really bad; but she did not allow us and suggested induction instead. (sinaksakan ako ng pampahilab) I don’t know; but I was terrified because the doctor didn’t give us any medical reason why she needs to do that. I think the baby will come out when it’s ready. Am I right? Oh oowww.. I smell something fishy..haha. I suppose you know exactly what I mean. 
I was brought in the delivery room at 7:00 o’clock pm and waited for my OB while she’s talking to my Mom and my Hubby who just came up from school. After a while, she started the procedure. 12am, guess what. I’m still in the delivery room! I was fighting the pain for 5hours right after she ruptured my water bag. Imba! Antagal ko na sa DR! Haha. I was trying my best to help her (Iri much naman ako pero ayaw pa rin). Then she talked to Mom and Hubby again. She told them that I need to undergo CS. Huwaat! She also asked me if that’s fine with me. I said, I want to have a normal delivery po; so she proceeded. (aahhh! iri pa sige) Epic fail! She went out again; and when she came back, “CS ka na daw sabi ng mama at mister mo ha”. I’m almost passing out(namumutla na ko). I was immediately transferred to Angono Medics for CS; straight in the operating room. Then an Anesthesiologist approached me and said, “Don’t look ha, It will hurt just a little” So I looked! Haha! Takot ako eh! I saw a large syringe! Maygad! He injected it somewhere at my lower back. (Spinal Anesthetic) Aray! Tapos pampatulog. Dunno what happened next. 
I was waken-up by the Doctor after some time. 2:00 o’clock am, “It’s a baby boy..Congratulations!” I heard a crying baby. It was Derick! Ayiiii! “Thank God we’re both safe”

After 1hr in the recovery room, I was brought na to my room and rest. I needed to wait for 24hrs to see my little baby boy. My husband and relatives waited outside the show room to check our little angel. They were all so curious to see who my baby will look more like. Singkit raw, eh malaki mga mata ng Almeda eh.haha. When Hubby got back to my room he kissed me and said, “He’s soo cute and small…” with a thankful eye. I smiled with teary eyes, Tears of joy! 
Finally, after a long wait. “He’s gonna be here in a little while!yey!” I can never forget the first time I carried my son in my arms. I so love his baby smell and sweet breath whenever I kiss his lips and open his mouth. He’s sooo cute and even cuter whenever he stretches and yawns. He’s sooo innocent and always sleeping; and when he wakes up; his eyes are twinkling slowly although he can’t see yet. His subconscious toothless smile is melting my heart! Grabe sarap talaga ng feeling! 
 It feels like just yesterday there was a teeny weeny bean spinning and kicking around inside my womb… Now, my son has grown so fast. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment