Sunday, August 12, 2012

My First Pork Spare Ribs in Sour Soup (Sinigang na Buto-buto)



Pork Spare Ribs in Sour Soup

I had sinigang na buto-buto (Pork spare ribs in sour soup) for lunch today. I checked for something to cook downstairs at my mother-in-law’s sari-sari store. Then I saw a bunch of pork ribs so I grabbed it right away. The weather turned cold these past few days so I thought this dish would be perfect. Oh, I haven’t told you it was my first rib cooking trial! I’m really happy with the result. I so love the soup. I think the bone added a tasty flavor to it. I’ll try it again next time.

Ingredients:
  • ¾ Pork ribs 
  • 2pcs. small tomatoes 
  • 1 medium onion 
  • 4 pcs. Okra 
  • 1 pack sinigang mix 
  • Salt to taste 
  • Siling pansigang 
  • Kangkong (swamp spinach) 
  • Labanos (radish) 
  • Sitaw (string bean) 


Cooking Procedure:
  • Put your onion, tomatoes and meat all together in a pot 
  • Add 5-6 cups of water 
  • Cover your pot and let it simmer until meat is tender (medium heat) 
  • To enjoy a stronger favor soup, simmer it for more minutes 
  • Add sinigang mix ( simmer) 
  • Add you veggies starting with Sitaw and labanos (cook for few minutes) 
  • Then okra and kangkong (half-cooked) 
  • Salt to taste 
  • Turn off the heat 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment