Friday, June 01, 2012

Through Thick and Thin


If ever happiness forgets about you, never completely 
forget about it...

This is my very first blog!
I wanna share to you guys all the things that I learned in the life tests I’ve been through. I’ve experienced a lot of disappointments and used to become a prey of my own decisions. I admit that I’m no good when it comes to decision making. I often make decisions based on impulse, and get very emotional when I fail. hehe. I’m now taking a big step sharing our story to you guys because we want to keep our married life private as much as possible. So it puts me out of my comfort zone right now. I made this blog to share a little fruitful life lessons. Life is like making a recipe that we possess. We have to go through trials and errors. If we want to make it perfect, we have to try and do it over and over again. I hope you enjoy reading it. I’ll be glad to hear your comments! This is only the first part of my story and I’ll be doing some more when I have free time.
My Husband and I had four (too rocky to sustain) years of boyfriend and girlfriend thing. We’ve had our good and bad times; and times that are just outright drama. Honestly, things didn’t work out great between us even before we get married. We’re both immature and so easy to break. We’ve been through heaven and hell, just like what he always says before. I got pregnant at 21. When we found out about it, it took us four months to tell our parents. I was afraid to see everyone's reaction. When we have finally had the courage to tell our parents, they decided for us to get married (Oct.4, 2007). It was really hard for both of us. It felt like we are going to jump into a commitment we aren't ready to make. But what’s done is done, we no longer have a choice. We lived on a tight budget, I felt feel pity for myself knowing that my friends are enjoying their (college/single/In a relationship) life while I’m too stressed with my life! and I just wanted to disappear like a bubble. 

That was long time ago. It’s just not realistic to have that I’M SO IN LOVE FEELING and BUTTERFLIES IN THE TUMMY thing all the time. But I must say GOD is a real genius when he makes two imperfect pieces fit perfectly together. With that unstable condition of our relationship, I never really expect that we’re going to get this far.
Though it’s good to have a “spark” in every relationship, still “sparks” doesn’t last a lifetime. Oh here comes my pessimism again. haha. Oh well, I’ll be hypocrite if I say that we’re ok even without that “spark”. What I’m trying to say is, yes, we argue a lot, but we’re happy despite the above circumstances. Even sometimes it feels like something is missing or lacking, that’s fine too. We both know that it’s not easy to find a way to make those gray areas look better, but even at times it seems hopeless, it’s not impossible for us to get the romantic relationship back on track. Uummm.. I think we need to set boundaries and limits for any arguments we might have before we say hurtful things to each other. Madalas miscommunications lang talaga that leads to a breakup. Di kasi kami nagbibigayan, lalo na kapag nagkasalubong kami ng init ng ulo. It’s like a tornado meets a volcano. Hahahaynaku! Gladly, after the several ups and downs; we are still tightly bonded with a rope and choose to stay together.
We've been together for 9 years now and still counting. We have two adorable kids, a boy namely Derick Ian, and a girl namely Cid Eriana. My husband jumbled our names (Eric&Diana) to come up with their names which I find really cute and sweet! I never thought he’d be like that. I love when he gets down on the floor and wrestle with our kids, I love when he cuddle and kiss our daughter and I love when he compliments me perfectly in every way.
I see a look in his eyes that speaks true love, despite all my shortcomings. He treats me the way I want to be treated or even more than I deserve. We may not be perfect for each other, but we’re continuously learning how an imperfect relationship works. I’m proud of the wisdom that we have to save our relationship. Sabi nga nila, unconditional love requires us to accept the person with all the baggages that goes with it, for what he/she is, was and can become. I also felt God’s presence during trials and despair, so I learned to trust him. Now, I absolutely love being married! None of us can tell Papa God’s plan for us.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment